Author Proposal Guidelines
Emond is an independent, family-owned, Canadian company specializing in the development of products and services for post-secondary students and professionals in the areas of law and justice. If you have a proposal that fits this description, we’d like to hear from you.
Please include, to the best of your ability, the following information:
- Tentative title (and subtitle, if any)
- Overview: Include a brief description of your project and explain how you believe it to be different from other available resources.
- Table of contents: Include a table of contents indicating chapters and subdivisions within chapters, as well as any special materials or features you imagine should be included.
- Sample chapter: If available, please include a sample chapter.
- Market need: Explain why there is a need for the proposed publication.
- Primary market: Indicate the audience(s) for this material (e.g., college, undergraduate university, or professional). Be as specific as possible.
- Secondary market: List any professional societies, organizations, or publications whose members or readers would be interested in your product.
- Competition: List publications that compete with or are similar to the one you propose, describing their weaknesses and strengths and how your publication will be superior.
- Length: How many manuscript pages (typewritten, letter-size, double-spaced) do you anticipate to fully cover your topic?
- Timetable: Please provide your best estimate for completing and delivering a final manuscript.
Please provide for any coauthors as well.
- Position and affiliation
- Curriculum vitae (provide for primary author; include brief bios for any coauthors or contributing authors)
- Mailing address
What happens after I submit my proposal?
Your proposal will be reviewed by one our Publishers with input from Sales and Marketing to determine whether it fits our publishing strategy. We will aim to reach a decision about whether to proceed with your idea within 3 to 4 weeks, but some complex proposals may take longer.
Please submit your proposal to:
60 Shaftesbury Avenue